Monday, June 25, 2012

Media Campaign in Full Swing

Just got back from Dallas, TX where I was interviewed LIVE by Scott Wilder on 1190AM. The interview was about a book I'm featuring that's titled 'The Keeper's Dare'. It's a fictional account, based on the actual events surrounding an unresolved murder of a lawman in 1939 Southeast Texas. What makes this story so special for me is the accused murderer was my very own uncle, the brother to my Mother. After the live interview in Dallas, we streamed another LIVE interview to Austin, Texas on 1370AM and 96.3FM. Austin is where I will be focusing the main thrust of the campaign for The Keeper's Dare. Later that afternoon, Scott Wilder and I recorded four additional interview segments to be broadcast on the Austin stations once a month. There will also be 57, 60 second on-air spots on these stations from July to October. 72 on-line ads will also appear on the stations' websites. These on-line ads will have a banner that can take a potential purchaser straight to where they can buy the book. The Keeper's Dare can be found on www.robertcoward.com, or on Amazon. It's an e-book, so downloading is very convenient.

I have also finished my action/mystery novel set in the Brazilian rainforest, but will keep it in the can until I know whether or not my Western is going to be picked up by a publisher. I won't know about that until the end of July / August.

My next work is a horror novel set in 1590 AD England. The first chapter is finished and I can't wait to get this one done and dusted. Stay tuned for more news on this new and exciting career of mine. Wish me luck, say a prayer for the endeavor, and please send good thoughts my way. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment