Monday, April 29, 2013

Thankful

I'm thankful I was born healthy and have lived most of my life in good health. It's only been the last four years that my body has deteriorated. It was a good fifty-three year run. I know from personal experience what it is to be born with a sickness. My daughter Lou Ann was born with Spina Bifida and was ill every day in her life.

I'm thankful to be living well. I have worked all my life to be where I am today. I don't live in a castle and I don't have millions of dollars in the bank. On some people's scale I guess I might be referred to as a failure. Still, I am living better today than at any time in my life...except for when I was in Great Britain. England to be exact. I haven't exuded saintly qualities during all my days, but I also never succumbed to skulduggery or other heinous acts, so it doesn't have anything to do with 'deserving' or 'undeserving'. Sometimes we DO get what we work for.

I'm thankful for having been born in Texas. From the looks of our planet today....God put us smack dab in the middle of the right place to be.

I'm thankful that in July of this year I will be a bonafide published author.

I'm thankful for the intelligence to be a writer.

I'm thankful for family...friends...job...home...and still relatively good health.

Just thought I would take a moment and reflect on my good fortune.

1 comment: