Thursday, March 28, 2013

A Milestone

The Keeper's Dare just passed 1,000 in sales. Don't start lining me up for the mansion in Palm Springs just yet, though. A good number have been Kindle sales, where I'm selling the electronic version for just .99 cents. Of that, I think I get .74. So...no...I won't be quitting my day job.

I was hoping that this book would peak the interest of the readers and have them check out my other books. The Last Medal and The Grove of Akkadia aren't doing well at all. I've been told The Last Medal is my best work. The Grove of Akkadia has a unique and surprise ending. It has a lot of action and suspense in it, but for some reason it has only been purchased once. The book that has taken on some steam is the horror novel, Evil Most Holy. I've sold several copies of that one in the UK and a few here. Just sold one today. I'm surprised it has shown the legs it has so far.

I haven't uploaded my science fiction book, The Hodmandod Syndrome, but it is available in my private collection with a 'print on demand' company. As are all the others. If anyone wants a paperback of any of these just let me know on www.robertcoward.com or on my Facebook page, The Book Dungeon. My FB friends can contact me on my personal FB page.

The murder mystery has almost died. I'm 2/3 of the way through and can't figure out where to go from there. I've been at an impasse for weeks now. I have several suspects with good reason and motive to murder the victim, but I can't decide on who I want to have actually done it. I know. Maybe I should have figured that out before starting the book.

The screenplay for The Keeper's Dare is being edited at this writing. A person who has connections in the film industry is 'cleaning' it up for presentation to a couple of producers. I should be receiving the final cut next week for my review. After I give the nod, we'll send it off and hope we hit all the numbers...with the powerball.

My western, Hell's Gunman, is still set for release in July. An editor and cover artist will be contacting me sometime in April to work on getting the story presentable to the public and coming up with a RAD cover design. I'm very excited about it and can't wait for July to get here.

Going back to The Keeper's Dare....it's had eight reviews on Amazon and all of them are great. I only know half of them, so the other reviews are completely unbiased. Still, I know that if the others had not liked the book, they would have said so. This is the book that I am most proud of. It took me over three decades to get all the information I needed to put this story together. I have an aunt that swears up and down that I got it wrong....as far as who the shooter was. But, I beg to disagree. And that's the beauty of writing about real life. Perspective is everything and when someone has a different perspective it initiates conversation and that conversation turns to the book itself and, voila! Your work is being discussed and more interest in it is being raised.

Wow. 1,000. I'm humbled. Can't you tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment