Sunday, June 23, 2013

Hell's Gunman Update and More

My western novel, Hell's Gunman, is due out in seven more days. I'm on pins and needles. My agent is already working to schedule book signings in Texas, Arkansas and Louisiana. We are targeting Barnes & Noble and Hastings book stores to start. In the meantime, we are arranging all the plans for our 'I Got Published' party and the tentative date is August 10th.


The screenplay for The Keeper's Dare is in the hands of a Hollywood producer. We were excited when he called my agent and asked for some more background on the story. He stipulated that he's a slow reader, so we don't know when the rejection or acceptance call is coming. But, we're not putting all our eggs in one basket. There are three other producers that she is 'wooing' and we're hoping at least one will give it a look.


The book itself is my best seller, with more than a thousand copies sold. My website has received a few e-mails, one from as far away as Minnesota, telling me how much they enjoyed the book. Amazon has eight reviews of the book and all of them are positive. I hope that if you haven't read it, you'll give it a chance. It's only .99 cents as an e-book, but if you want a signed paperback, just message me on my website, www.robertcoward.com.

Evil Most Holy, my horror novel, is also doing better than expected. I say that because I haven't done any marketing for this book and yet people are buying it. I've sold several copies in the UK...partly because that's where the story is placed...but it has gained some interest here in the States.




As for what's happening on my keyboard now, I'm 40,000 words into another western novel. While doing research, I came upon a real life place that has the most potential I've ever seen for depicting the Wild West in all the brutality that took place during the late 1880's. I'm having a lot of fun writing this one and hope to finish it before the end of the year. In addition, the murder mystery I started is still on hold at 65,000 words. I might finish it at the same time as the new western.

The shortest book I've written, The Grove of Akkadia, I think is my best story-line. It hasn't done as well as the ones I've mentioned already, but I'm planning on marketing it a little more and maybe get some clicks on it. The hero of the story, Sam Harradin, is one of my favorite characters to date. I think it's because, in my opinion, I found the best balance for one's strengths and weaknesses in him. If you check it out, I hope you like it.



My science fiction is completed, but still on the shelf. I will probably be hawking it to publishers in the fall. And, finally, The Last Medal, my fictional crime drama featuring the Houston area, has taken on a little steam. I saw a good uptick on sales this month. I've been told that it's my best work.


Invites will be going out soon for the August 10th party. Be watching your FB messages and e-mails. Thanks for reading.


















































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment