Friday, August 23, 2013

The Keeper's Dare Update

The producers contacted us last night and advised the presentation was finished from the research materials I sent them. The next best news was they have scheduled a meeting for this coming Thursday with a major cable network, to pitch the screenplay.

In addition, the plan is to set up further meetings in the coming three to four weeks with other potential movie moguls...if necessary. I liked that. 'If necessary'.

One of my friends was nervous...for some reason...they might try to steal the work. That would be almost impossible. Both the book and the screenplay are registered with the U.S. Copyright office. The screenplay has also been registered with the Writer's Guild Association, in my name. But...notice I said...almost. Gulp.

Anyway, they are keeping in contact and on the surface it looks like progress is being made. All I have to do now is try to keep from biting my fingernails up to the second knuckle on each finger before next Thursday. That's my goal. It's not much of a goal but there it is.

Everything will be quiet on the western front until Thursday night or beyond. I'm sure by Friday they will have some news for us. Until then, we wait.

Short blog post...but that's all I got. Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment