Monday, August 6, 2012

New Twitter Account and Other Musings....

Now that I have signed my first publishing contract, I'm expected to market my work, me, things about me, etc. to get the word out that a new author is on the prowl for your reading entertainment.

I am now on Twitter as @RCowardAuthor. Since I just signed on, I'm kind of new at this schtick and am getting my feet wet little by little.

My goal is to get to the point where I can just write for a living. I want to buy a 75' Chris Craft, older version but in good shape, and retire out on the West Coast. Whether or not I will ever reach this goal is moot. We all have to have a goal, or a plan. It's one of the things that keeps us going.

The Western should be available sometime after the first of the year, 2013. I have another book finished and ready to put out there, so I went to the bookstore over the weekend and bought the 2012 issue of The Writer's Market. Want to see what other publishers exist that might be interested in the newest creation of mine.

The horror novel is going very well. I typed close to 10,000 words over the weekend. The story line is flowing at a rapid pace. I love it when I get in the groove like that. It's then I know the characters have taken on a life of their own. It is at that point where they have become real in my mind and the personalities are so vivid to me. When they speak, I can almost hear their voices and see their mannerisms. If I can keep this up, it should be finished in a few weeks.

Two more books are in the creation stages. The ideas for storylines keep coming at me like crazy. I have, what I think, is a great sci-fi idea and will probably start on that one after the horror is completed. The other idea I've been toying with a while, but am not convinced of it...yet.

Vacation time is nearing. The wife and I shall be going to the Bahamas for a week next month. Our target is one of the smaller out islands, away from the madding crowd. It only has eight bungalows, so you can see that privacy is of great importance to us. One restaurant, one bar. Love it. Each bungalow comes with its own boat for us to ride around in. It's going to be fun...I hope.

Didn't feel like writing about serious issues today. I know there is a lot of bad news out there. There is also the slanted news on both sides of the aisle and slanted political opinions from both parties...."Liar!" "Dirty Liar!"...yadda yadda yadda. There isn't anything we can do about it at this juncture, so I prefer to simply be happy today and talk about things that don't really matter. I hope I accomplished that.

I want everyone to be happy today. For just this one day. Rich, poor, gay, straight, employed, unemployed, male, female, child, pseudo-child, Christian, Muslim, Hindu, or Atheist. Throw aside all the things that crumple up your face and cause you to look like you've been suckin' on a green persimmon for the last six months and smile. Every day above ground is a great day. Make this one the best day of the week. Okay? Okay. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment